Since 2008, OSUSAZ has offered scholarships to Tucson and Southern Arizona’s top high school students. These scholarships are awarded based on merit and help offset the cost of attending The Ohio State University as an out-of-state student. This is one of the most important ways we, as an Ohio State Alumni Club, pay it forward.
The Ohio State University Alumni Club of S AZ annual Scholarship would not be possible without donations from alumni, friends and family of the University. Please consider donating, even if it is a small amount. Remember, your charitable gift applies towards your Alumni Association sustaining membership ($75 for football ticket eligibility) and some employers offer matching gift programs. There are five ways to donate to our scholarship fund:
• By phone
Call (614) 292-2141 and mention account #312666
You will receive a 501c3 receipt directly from The Ohio State University Alumni Association (OSUAA) for your scholarship donation.
• On Your Club Membership App
Include a donation with your OSUSAZ Alumni Club Membership Application fee.
• Buy a Raffle Ticket
All proceeds from the 50/50 raffle tickets sold at our gamewatches go to our scholarship fund.
• By Shopping!
When making purchases at College Traditions, mention our Club’s account AL9572 and our club will receive 15% of the purchase price.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipient for this academic year:
• Rebecca Rose Gill, Cibola High School
This is my first time writing and certainly not my last. Today marks the second day of classes and the first time I haven’t gotten lost this week.
I just want to let you all know how thankful I am for your support, and that I can’t wait to make Ohio State my home! I’ve met so many cool people already, as well as signed up to get information from more clubs than any one person could possibly attend, and it’s only been 5 days!
It is thanks to you that I have this chance to grow as a person, so I want to say thank you again, and Go Bucks!
Scholarship applications are distributed by email each January to high school seniors in Southern Arizona who have applied to attend The Ohio State University. If you have any questions, please contact Scholarship Chair Kathleen Lally at email@example.com.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Office of Student Financial Aid selects a recipient(s) based on club recommendations. To receive the ASP award, the student must:
• Be admitted to The Ohio State University
• Rank in the top 25 percent of his or her high school class (preferably the top 10 percent)
• Be recommended by school principals, counselors and/or teachers based on scholastic ability and character
• Have a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community
• Impress the club’s scholarship committee during the personal interview by demonstrating a sound interest and positive attitude toward college
• Be a resident or attend high school in Southern Arizona.